Friday, October 9, 2009

Steamer for pulp adventures (28mm)


Here are some photographs of one of my latest projects: A river-steamer for my adventures in Dark Africa.

I'm thinking of calling the steamer "the queen of Argyll" based on some irish folk music by the silly wizards . However the song has nothing to do with a ship!! :p Just a nice name and a little bit more special than "the queen of Africa" or such other boring names.

Song by the silly wizards, "Queen of (all) Argyll"



Above you can see the entire steamer with a 28mm figure for the measuring. Like most of my other projects the boat is made entirly out of cardboard and bits of wood (no not balsa, just some woodchips you can pull of planks when they have stood for days or even weeks in the rain. handy and especially cheap :p)


On both sides of the boat you can see the wheelcases. I'm just thinking at the moment that I forgot to attach a chimney. :s Ok, now back to the wheelcases, they were made out of a circular cardboard cheese box.


The fences where made of cheap bits of wirematerial ("the stuff you use to make sure that your chickens aren't sneeking away").


And because I needed to have some crates, I made some of them with the remaining wood and cardboard. Just make a little block with cardboard and attach some woodstrips dead simply.

You can also see a coffin, just a....... an idea I suppose!

But like aways stay tuned for more pics and other pieces,

with great regards,


No comments: